The Formative and Summative Assessment (Task 2) submission deadline is almost 20 days away – February 15 by 11:59 pm ET – for all 1st attempt candidates and for candidates who have not yet completed this task successfully. As we near this critical deadline, we would like to highlight key resources below and further underscore the importance of checking your evidence before you press submit.
Resources: The following resources are on the Resources Page and available to help you with the Formative and Summative Assessment Task:
- Webinar with Task Author Mari Pearlman
- Assessor Scoring Guide: Formative and Summative Assessment Task
- Task Excerpt: Formative and Summative Assessment Task
- Additional Guidance for Creating PDF Documents for the RESA Submission System
Instructional Evidence: Avoid Disqualification! Before you submit, don’t forget to check your evidence attachments to make sure that they:
- Do not contain student personally identifiable information (PII)
- Contain the actual student work (i.e. the student responses to the assessments given) and the scoring of that work. Scored rubrics alone are considered insufficient forms of evidence.
- Contain the full assessment (not just the first page, but all questions asked) for each student
- Contain documents that are legible
Please remember, videos from your media library and photos (converted to pdf format) are acceptable forms of evidence, and there is no limit on the number of pages attached (just a limit on the number of documents you can attach). If you have any questions, or would like assistance in consolidating your assessment materials for each student into one multi-page PDF document, please contact the Help Desk at the number below.
Help Desk Hours:
As always, the RESA Help Desk is available to answer questions and help with any technical issues that candidates may have in using the online submission system: Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET; (855) 538-8634 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope that you will take advantage of all system features, candidate resources and RESA Help Desk support as we approach this critical RESA deadline.