Assessor Training Assignment Update
Training for Tasks 1, 2, and 3 has begun! Training and scoring for Task 4 will launch mid-February. If you are a returning assessor, we will do our best to assign you to the task that you previously scored.
IMPORTANT – If you are an assessor in a specialized content area (e.g., Foreign Language, Vocational & Technical Ed.) and have been selected by our staff to score Tasks 1 and 3, you will begin training early to mid-February (around the Task 3 submission deadline). We are delaying training and scoring in these areas to ensure that you are assigned an adequate mix of Task 1 and Task 3 submissions to score. Thank you for your patience!
Work From Home as a Paid Assessor for the 2015-2016 Ohio RESA
Calling all RESA assessors! The Assessor Profile has launched and the Ohio RESA team continues to recruit assessors for the 2015-2016 Ohio Resident Educator Summative Assessment (RESA). We would love for you to consider this opportunity. RESA Assessors will begin training in late December and certified assessors will score the RESA through May 2016.
If you have five or more years of teaching experience and are interested in working part-time as an assessor beginning in late December through May, please take the following next steps:
1. Write our help desk at email@example.com to request or activate an Assessor Account for 2015-2016. Once you have been sent an activation link, please navigate to the Assessor Profile portion of your account after you log-in. Complete the Assessor Profile to provide us with important background and subject matter expertise that will help us assign you to score appropriate RESA submissions once you pass certification. We will not be able to assign you to assessor training until you have completed this step.
2. Complete the employment paperwork (Employment Policies, New Vender Form, W-9, and the Non-disclosure Agreement) found on on the right side of this page. If you have served as an assessor for the 2014-2015 RESA, you will only need to update your W-9 if your address or name has changed. Scan and email these employment materials to Sue Coughlin (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Educational Service Center of Cuyahoga County.
3. Review the latest RESA Assessor Webinar (if you missed it live on 12/22/15): This webinar gives RESA assessor applicants an overview of the scoring and training process. It also walks through the assessor application process, which consists of account registration on the online training and scoring system, completion of an assessor profile, and the provision of employment paperwork to the Education Service Center of Cuyahoga County.
4. Spread the word! please forward this email to anyone who fits the Job Description whom you think might be interested in this opportunity. We are looking to significantly expand our assessor base from last year, so we need your help!
We hope to work with you this year!
Scoring the 2015-2016 RESA is Right Around the Corner!
On Wednesday September 30th, the Ohio RESA Team released score reports for the 2014-15 RESA. On behalf of Educopia and the Ohio Department of Education, we would like to extend our appreciation for the high-quality work that you put into this essential project. We set an ambitious goal to have score reports ready by September. This could not have been possible without a dedicated team of experienced educators to score the assessments. You play an essential role in promoting educator effectiveness in Ohio, and we thank you for your service and hope you will join us in scoring the 2015-16 RESA.
We would love to work with you again on scoring the 2015-2016 RESA. In November, we will reopen Assessor Profiles and in late December, we will put the first group of assessors into RESA task training. Please note that you will still need to retrain and certify to score RESA tasks, for quality assurance purposes.
If you know of anyone whom you think would be interested in serving in this capacity, please send their names and email addresses to email@example.com with the subject heading “Assessor Referral.” We greatly appreciate your helping us spread the word about this opportunity.
RESA Help Desk
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk at:
- (855) 538-8634 – Monday through Friday, 2 p.m.–10 p.m. EST